WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are activity files that allow Johanna Ortiz y CIA S.A.S. (the “Company”) to learn about the activity you undertake as a user regarding use and access of the Website. The purpose of these files is to establish metrics regarding use and the most visited content (user experience).
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES EXIST?
Cookies can be classified as the following types:
By the user of the cookies
- Own cookies: These are cookies that are stored on the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by the editor (the Company, in this case) and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: These are cookies that are stored on the user’s device from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by a different entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
By the life cycle of the cookies
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser’s cookie file until you leave the website, therefore nothing is registered on the user’s hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyze traffic on the website. In the long-term, this allows us to improve the experience, content and ease of use.
- Permanent cookies: These are stored on the hard drive and our website reads them each time you visit a w A permanent cookie has a specified expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date. We use them, in general, to facilitate the purchase and registration services.
By the purpose of the cookies
- Technical cookies: These permit the user to browse through a website, platform or application and to use the various options or services that exist on the same. For example: controlling data communication and traffic, identifying the session, access areas of restricted access, remembering the elements that form part of an order, completing the purchase process for an order, making a request for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing content for the distribution of videos or sound or sharing content on social media.
- Personalization cookies: These permit the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics depending on a series of criteria on the user's device such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional service from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These permit the manager of the same to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users on the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure activity on the website, application or platform and to elaborate browsing profiles for the users of said websites, applications and platforms in order to introduce improvements depending on the analysis of usage data by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: These allow management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, when applicable, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from which they provide the service requested based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency with which the ads are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These permit management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, when applicable, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from which they provide the service requested. These cookies store information on the behaviour of the users obtained through continued observation of their browsing habits, which allows for the development of a specific profile to show advertising based on the same. It is also possible that upon visiting a website or opening an email that contains an advertisement or promotion for our products or services, a cookie may be installed on your browser to allow us to later show you advertising related to the search made, to develop control of our advertisements regarding, for example, the number of times they have been viewed, the time they are viewed at, etc.
Finally, we inform you that social media websites also collect information relative to the content that you share through their own cookies. The Company has absolutely no control over activity on social media. However, we remind you that they all have their own privacy and cookie policies. As an example, here are links to the legal documents for social media websites for which we facilitate sharing of our content through buttons, so that you can read them if you wish:
- Cookies policy: https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/
- Cookies policy: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
If you wish, you can turn off our own cookies. However, if you do so, it is possible that some functionalities may not work correctly or the browsing may be more difficult.
- If you use Google Chrome, access the option “Clear browsing data” through the “History” menu. A menu will appear where you can decide which information to delete, including cookies.
- If you use Firefox, access the option “Clear history” through the “History” menu. A menu will appear where you can decide which information to delete, including cookies.
- If you use Internet Explorer, access the option “Delete browsing history” through the “Tools” menu. A menu will appear where you can decide which information to delete, including cookies.
- If you use the Android Chrome browser, access the option “Security and privacy” through the “Settings” menu. A menu will appear where you can decide which information to delete, including cookies.
How to deactivate cookies before browsing on our Websites?
You can set up your computer or device not to store our cookies. Here is how to do it:
- If you use Google Chrome, access the “Customize and control Google Chrome” (normally in the upper right corner, next to the address bar), click on the “Show advanced options” link and select “Content configuration”. You will see the options available for cookies.
- If you use Firefox, access the “Tools” menu (normally on the menu bar, right above the address bar), click on “Options” and select the “Privacy” tab. You will see the options available.
- If you use Internet Explorer, access the “Tools” menu (normally in the upper right corner, to the right of the browsing tabs), click on the “Internet options” option and, in the menu that appears, select the “Security” tab. You can choose one of the security levels pre-established by Microsoft or customize your own security level.
MODIFICATION OF THE COOKIES POLICY.
Company may unilaterally modify the Cookies Policy in the case that there is a change in valid legislation, jurisprudential doctrine or internal criteria. Any change made to this policy will be published at this same address.